11.24.2009

All-Time Awesome Lines From Comics - Pt. 10


So first off, I finally got my computer for my new job that I started on Friday. What is really funny about the whole experience is that it's an IBM ThinkBook, those like quintessential early 90's Laptops that are big and clunky, and I have to ask when outside of an office have you ever seen these laptops?! I had never seen one in person until I started temping, and the first time that someone told me that was the computer I would be using I thought "Well, they spent all their money on this fancy new office building, so they're skimping on the computers they give to Temps". That made sense to me. But I was wrong, because at six different office buildings I've worked in they all use them, and not just for Temps but for like full-time employees and Consultants. Everybody uses computers that came out in the Clinton Administration at offices around Chicago. Does anyone else find this incredibly bizarre or is it just me? There has to be a reason why all the offices in Chicago use them but I can't figure it out. Anyway, I'm off my soapbox and on to another All-time Awesome Line from Comic Books. Hit the jump for the next line from Joss Whedon and John Cassaday's Astonishing X-Men.



Astonishing X-Men #18 - Torn


In this, the third arc by Joss Whedon on Astonishing, Emma Frost's mind has been taken over by an evil telepath named Cassandra Nova and forced her to mentally take out all of the X-Men through imaginary enemies that only the X-Men can see. Kitty Pryde gets the short end of the stick however, as she is mentally tortured into doing what Frost/Nova (like Frost/Nixon but with a lot less Frank Langella. A LOT less) wants her to. Eventually, Cyclops gets free and starts to go and rally the rest of the troops, using a gun (something Cyclops would never use) to shoot the imaginary villains. It leads to this exchange with Colossus, which Cyclops is calmly having while gunning people down with a pistol.

Colossus: Scott?

Cyclops: Pete. Hey. You would not believe the day I'm having.

Colossus: Katya! (referring to an unconscious Kitty Pryde)

Cyclops: She's okay. I'm trying to get her to wake up.

Colossus: By shooting people?

Cyclops: Peter please, I'm an X-Man. I don't shoot people. I'm just trying to make a point.

All kinds of WIN from Cyke in this series, most of which coming from the last arc by Whedon, Unstoppable. Since I love the last arc so much, I'm going to be making a pre-Thanksgiving Mega-post filled with as many lines from Unstoppable as I want to, because there are easily five or six great exchanges from the arc, so look for that the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Take 'er easy ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment