3.10.2010

Links You Should Know - 3/10

So first off, I did watch the Oscars on Sunday. I was planning on writing about it, since it is one of the things that I look forward to during the year ever since I was a kid, but this year's Oscars was just... there. It wasn't as terrible as others have been, but it wasn't good or interesting and there were no real surprises especially since it seemed early on that The Hurt Locker was going to walk away with everything. I liked that movie and all, don't get me wrong, but I watched District 9 again last night and I remembered just how amazing the end of that movie is. That was an absolute triumph and I wish that this year wasn't just a 2 picture race since I felt Avatar and The Hurt Locker were 2 of the weakest (with the Blind Side being the weakest) of the 10 films nominated for Best Picture. That's basically all I would've said about the Oscars, but it would have been spread out over pages and pages of nonsense and stupid jokes if I had written a piece on the Oscars.

All that said, here's a hilarious cartoon my friend Bordson showed me at her Oscar party. I guess this comes from some guy was tripping on acid and commentating while his friends channel surfed, so they recorded it and animated what was going on. It's really freaking funny, and NSFW.

No comments:

Post a Comment