10.28.2009

Welcome to Event Fatigue!

Hey all, and welcome to my humble attempt at entering the world of blogging. I've always thoroughly enjoyed several blogs found on the Internet devoted to not only comics and other nerd things that I love, but also sports and even just about the world in general.
This site is going to be mostly dedicated to opinions and editorials, mostly about my thoughts and my "unique" take on things, but I also will probably include reviews on comic books and movies and also sharing things that I find awesome or hilarious. Also, at the beginning of next year I am going to be doing an experiment and writing about my progress as I go through it here on this site. It's still too early to talk about, as I haven't done anything but think it up in my head, but this will be the first place that I talk about it once I have everything set up for it. It's going to be awesome.

What's in the Site?
This site is going to be designed as a forum for talking about various different topics, with most of the articles will be written by me, especially at first but hopefully adding in some more authors who will write about whatever they want to write about.
  • In the world of comic books, I'm going to be writing a series of editorials about the world of comics, in addition to doing reviews for the books I follow.
  • In film, I'm going to be compiling my personal Top 100 movies of all time, based solely on personal preference, and listing them up to the Top 20 where I will be posting movie by movie everyday with explanations why I love that movie.
  • I'll also be covering sports through a series of posts, the first of which will be in a week or so entitled "Why We Have to Fire Lovie Smith", which will be a light-hearted romp through recent Chicago Bears history.
  • In addition to those main points, I'm also going to be covering other different areas too, including a post soon about Cover songs that are better than the Original. Aside, from that, I'll be covering anything and everything in between.
  • Also, given my active social life and rampant alcoholism, there will inevitable be several posts that I make while completely intoxicated, which rather than safe-guarding against I figured I would just embrace it, so be on the lookout for those. I guarantee they will not be hard to find.
So with all of these dissimilar things that I am going to be talking about, how will you know if it's something that interests you? Let's say you're an avid comic book fan, but could care less about the Chicago Bears, professional wrestling, or anything sports related for that matter. No problem, because I am going to have markers on everything I post. That way, all you have to do is look at the handy picture next to the post to see what category it falls into.


For everything comic book related, this picture will appear next to the first paragraph:



For an article about movies or film related, this picture will appear:



For any article about sports, this picture will appear next to it:




And any other topic will get this logo:


And when I do make a post completely hammered, this logo

(most likely the day after it is posted) will appear next to that post:




Easy enough right? I hope so. Well, I hope you enjoy my site, and I'm going to now start getting to work on getting tons of cool stuff for you all to enjoy. Thanks for reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment