2.16.2010

Links You Should Know - 2/16

Hey gang, so I'm here today with a news item of note for today's LYSK. Robot 6 wrote an article recapping the whole "Kevin Smith booted from a plane for being too fat" story, so I figured I'd post a link to it so I didn't have to write an article about it. Pretty sneaky sis. I think the whole thing is bullshit. Not that I don't believe it happened, because I do believe it, but I find such a policy to be insulting and flat out rude. What it boils down to is that airlines are too cheap and cash strapped to make seats to fit the average "obese" American, but also the seats are just already too small. I'm not what you would call a "fat" man, I'm by no means ultra skinny and could stand to be in better shape but no one would call me fat, and I have a hard time sitting in coach seats comfortably. The other thing is, it's Kevin Smith. Celebrities get special treatment all the time, and he was flying on Southwest for crying out loud, just cut the man a break. That's what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment